Unique Food Hug gift packs are homegrown, homestyle organic meals delivered to the door of your friend of loved one
DALLAS, Texas – Feb. 2, 2017 – Food Hugs Kitchen has set its wheels in motion, bringing old-fashioned culinary delivery direct to doorsteps. Launching Feb. 6, this new food delivery service is from chef-preneur Scott Jones, the culinarian behind Screen Door and Jack’s Modern Southern Kitchen, who is sharing his own family recipes in a full spread of culinary options updated for today’s modern lifestyle. As if to define the phrase “comfort food,” Jones is using the magic of slow-cooked food in this fast-moving world to make people feel loved and appreciated through unique Food Hugs gift packages that are deliciously delivered to doorsteps in Big D.
What is a “food hug”? As Jones explains, it’s the sensation you get when you eat something so scrumptious, soothing, comforting or satisfying you can’t help but feel happy, loved and content – the “Mmmmm” moment. Order one for a loved one who needs a hug, or maybe even for yourself! These Food Hugs are customized to special people in your life, for example:
- New Mommy Food Hug, with one quart of chicken salad or albacore tuna salad, one quart or homemade soup (your choice), choice of caramelized onion dip or white bean artichoke hummus, and two casseroles that each serve two to four people, and six buttermilk biscuits and one quart of pepper cream gravy; or a
- Get Well Food Hug, with two quarts of homemade soup (your choice), one box of crackers, one box of soft tissues and one liter of gingerale; among others. A Get Well Food Hug is just what the doctor ordered, and can be delivered within four hours of your order (Monday through Friday until 6 p.m.).
“I was asked by a food writer several years back to describe my food,” said Jones. “The answer that came out was, ‘My food is like getting a Food Hug.’ Looking back on the question and the answer, it really summed up and defined my culinary career.”
Food Hugs Kitchen will deliver to areas around Dallas food that is nutritional, organic, homemade, delivered fresh – and straight from the heart. The menu is online at www.FoodHugsKitchen.com, where hungry huggers can find items including:
- Appetizers, including Bacon-Smoked Gouda Pimento Cheese, Baked Crawfish Dip and Pigs in a Pashmina
- Soups/Stews/Chilis, including Chicken & Dumplings, Vegan and Turkey Chili, Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Chicken Poblano Corn Chowder
- Biscuits/Breads, including Jack’s Signature Buttermilk Biscuits, and unique twists such as Bacon, Bleu Cheese, Sundried Tomato and Basil and Caramelized Onion, Roasted Garlic, Goat Cheese & Thyme Biscuits
- Gravies and Sauces, such as Black Pepper Gravy, Bolognese Sauce, Alfredo Sauce and Jimmy’s Italian Sausage Gravy
- Main Dishes, including Southern Pot Roast, Lemon Pepper Chicken, Turkey Meatloaf, Chicken Parmesan and Turkey Salisbury Steak
- Sides, including Chipotle Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli Cheese & Rice, Braised Collard Greens, Skinny Mac & Cheese, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, Cauliflower Rice Pilaf, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits and more
- Casseroles, with scrumptious goodness ranging from Brisket Shepherd’s Pie to Ranch Chicken Casserole, Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole to Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya and many more
- Pot Pies, including Bacon Jalapeno Cheeseburger Pot Pie, Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie and Roasted Veggie Pot Pie, and more.
- Desserts, with pies including Apple Pie, Buttermilk Chess Pie, Lemon Chess Pie and Pecan Pie.
Food Hugs are handcrafted by Jones from recipes handed down by generations of his culinary family. Delicious and nutritious, Jones has tweaked and updated most of the recipes to meet the nutritional needs and lifestyles of today’s busy families, couples and active singles. All dishes are organic and are delivered fresh.
To learn more about Food Hugs or place an order for you (or someone who needs a Food Hug!), please visit www.FoodHugsKitchen.com. Follow Food Hugs on Facebook @foodhugskitchen, www.facebook.com/foodhugskitchen; on Twitter @foodhugskitchen, twitter.com/foodhugskitchen, or on Instagram @foodhugskitchen, www.instagram.com/foodhugskitchen.
Food Hugs serves hungry huggers in the following zipcodes: 75218, 75238, 75231, 75230, 75225, 75205, 75207, 75219, 75235, 75204, 75247, 75231, 75206, 75229, 75220, 75209, 75228.